In my research, I focus primarily on civic and political participation (both online and offline) and social movements. I have also taken part in several research projects for the public administration with the focus on further education (lifelong learning) and the situation of the disadvantaged groups on the labor market. At the Department of Sociology I strive to bring new impulses from abroad to both research and instruction, and to interconnect the Department with other institutions (in the past, I have collaborated with IBM and the Police Academy of the Czech Republic, and I am currently working with the Czech Television on the research project Czech Trends). I am also a member of the research group PoCoRe (Political Communication Research Group).
Quantitative Data Analysis in SPSS
Education and Academic Stays Abroad
– (2001-2007) Gymnázium Boženy Němcové (Božena Němcová High School) in Hradec Králové
– (2007-2013) Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Arts, Bachelor of Arts in Socio-Economic Studies, Master of Arts in Sociology
– (2011) University of Redlands & University of La Verne, USA (3 weeks, Faculty of Arts Scholarship)
– (2011-2012) Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany (two semesters, Czech-German Future Fund Scholarship)
– (2013-now) Assistant at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University Prague, PhD Studies
– (2014) ECPR Summer School in Methods and Techniques. University of Ljubljana. Topic: Advanced Topics in Applied Regression.
– (2015) ECPR Summer School in Methods and Techniques University of Bamberg. Topic: Advanced Process Tracing.
– (2016) GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology. Topic: Item Non-response and Multiple Imputation.
– (2016) Research Stay, University of Oslo, funded by EEA and Norway Grants, 6 weeks
– (2017) Research Stay, University of Oxford, Anglo-Czech Educational Fund scholarships, two trimesters.